Clear Braces – Windsor, CT
Choose the Clear Choice in Orthodontics
If you are putting off orthodontic treatment in an effort to avoid dealing with bulky, noticeable brackets and wires, it is time to stop delaying the results you want. Now, adults can enjoy clear braces in Windsor. The discreet orthodontic systems help you achieve properly aligned teeth to eat, speak, and smile better. Our team provides the individualized treatment plan you need to get the smile you have always wanted without metal braces.
How Does Clear Correct Work?
ClearCorrect uses a series of clear plastic aligners to gradually shift your teeth into their ideal positions without the tugging or pulling of wires. The trays are nearly invisible and removable to allow you to continue to live your life without modifying your diet or your lifestyle. With a custom treatment plan and periodic checkups with your cosmetic dentist in Windsor, you will get the results you want faster while skipping the hassle of brackets and wires.
Your treatment will consist of 4 alignment phases, with each one requiring a new set of aligners. Each phase tends to last about 3 weeks with you wearing them for 24 hours per day, expect when eating and drinking. As you progress through the phases, you will notice an improvement in the alignment of your teeth until you reach your goal.
When compared to other clear aligner systems, ClearCorrect tends to be more affordable because less aligners are needed.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign is like ClearCorrect. It uses plastic aligners to gradually move your teeth into their proper positions. Now, more than 3 million people around the world have made the choice to use the system to resolve their alignment and bite concerns. They provide a discreet, convenient, and comfortable alternative to metal braces.
Invisalign differs from ClearCorrect because each aligner is worn for 1 to 2 weeks depending on your dentist’s recommendations. You must wear them for 22 hours per day, only removing them when eating, drinking, or caring for your teeth. In about one year, you will have a straight, healthy smile. To protect the results, you will need a retainer to prevent your teeth from moving back into their previous positions.
What are the Benefits of Choosing Aligner Therapy?
When compared to traditional braces, clear aligners offer a diversity of benefits, including:
- Sophisticated Solution: There are no metal brackets and wires creating a juvenile-like appearance. It provides a professional look to smile confidently.
- Increased Confidence: You can smile brightly because no one will notice you are wearing them.
- Added Comfort: The aligners are smooth, so there will be no irritation to the inside of your lips or cheeks.
- No Dietary Changes: Since the aligners are removable, you can still eat and drink what you like, but it is best to only drink water while wearing them.
- Easy Oral Hygiene: There are no brackets and wires to clean around, making brushing and flossing easy.
- Simple Care: Clean your aligners daily using a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear antibacterial soap.
- Convenience: You will not need adjustments, so you will spend less time in the dentist’s office.
- Quick Results: Depending on how many aligners are needed, you can be finished with your treatment in about 1 year.
Am I a Candidate for Aligner Therapy?
Now, clear aligners can be used to treat several bite and alignment issues, but there are some limitations. They can be used to correct:
- Crowded teeth
- Spaces between teeth
- Crooked teeth
You will require a thorough consultation to ensure they are right for you. In addition to a visual exam, x-rays and 3D scans are taken to assess the alignment of your teeth. There are other factors that will determine your candidacy as well, such as your commitment to wear the aligners properly. You must also be proactive about your oral hygiene to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Get a Straight Smile Today!
You can get the straight smile you have always wanted without unsightly brackets and wires. At Day Hill Dental, we offer the solutions you need. Start your journey to improved confidence by seeing if clear aligners are right for you. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.