Tooth decay is one of the most common chronic health conditions. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent it, and in cases where decay is unavoidable, a dental filling is an affordable, natural-looking, and safe solution. Not only are our fillings at Day Hill Dental some of the most aesthetic restorations available today, but they are strong and long-lasting as well.
Dental Fillings—The Process
The procedure for placing a dental filling is a routine treatment that we do every day at Day Hill Dental. Here’s how it works:
- All of the tooth decay is removed
- An etchant and a bonding agent are applied, followed by the composite resin
- A special light is used to harden each layer of composite resin material
- After the tooth is filled, the composite resin is shaped to resemble a real tooth; then it is smoothed and polished to accommodate your bite
Are You Seeking Relief from a Painful or Sensitive Tooth?
Cavity Prevention — What can I do to prevent the need for a filling?
The best way to fight cavities and maintain healthy gums and teeth is to keep up with your daily habit of proper oral hygiene. Here are 5 ways to ward off tooth decay and prevent cavities:
- Brush and floss after meals – especially after dinner / before bed
- Drink more water and cut back on sugary and acidic drinks
- Come in to our office for a comprehensive oral exam and regular cleanings
- Avoid smoking